Ensure Your Pup Is Holly & Jolly This Season!
The holiday season is upon us, which means lots of holiday fun with family and friends, decorations, treats... and potential pet hazards. To ensure your pup stays safe during the holiday craze, here are some practical tips for keeping your dog happy and healthy during this festive time!
1. Be mindful of holiday pet hazards.
Before you start decorating, make sure to do a thorough check of your space for anything that could be hazardous to your pup. Whether it's tinsel or a holiday plant, they can all cause serious harm if ingested by your beloved dog. Also, keep an eye out for small decorations or presents around the house that your dog can swallow. Lastly, certain holiday foods can be hazardous to canines, particularly items such as raisins, chocolate, onions, and raw potatoes. Keep these out of reach of your pup!
2. Adhere to a feeding and bathroom schedule.
The holiday season can be hectic with lots of hustle and bustle, so staying on top of your pup's typical routine is important. Try to stick as close as possible to their regular feeding and bathroom schedule – that way, they'll have less chance of getting into holiday mischief!
3. Prepare when you have guests over.
When holiday festivities bring family and friends to your home, give them the proper heads up about any special needs your pup has and house rules for staying safe around your dog. This will ensure everyone is on the same page about holiday etiquette around your pup.
4. Know where to go when you travel for dog boarding.
If holiday travel has you away from home, research and check out reputable dog boarding facilities in advance so that your pup is taken care of while you're gone. When looking for a quality dog boarding facility, consider these factors:
- Experience (How long has the facility been open?)
- Cleanliness (What hygienic measures are taken to ensure your pup is safe?)
- Staff (How is the staff trained, and what kind of background do they have? Are they professionally trained to handle canines?)
- Activities (What will your furry friend do while you're away?)
- Safety precautions (What are the protocols put in place to ensure your dog's safety?)
- Accommodations (What kind of kenneling and amenities are provided?)
Award-Winning Luxury Dog Boarding at K9 Resorts Luxury Pet Hotel
With these tips in mind, you can do your part to ensure you and your pup have a happy holiday season! Enjoy the festivities – and have a holly, jolly holiday season!
At K9 Resorts Luxury Pet Hotel, we offer luxury boarding where you can ensure comfort for you and your canine! From various lodging options to professionally trained staff, you can ensure your pup is in good hands while you're away this holiday season. To find your neighborhood K9 Resorts Luxury Pet Hotel, call us at (908) 889-7387 or fill out our online form today!